Joining the Global Entrepreneurship Program this September? New to Lyon, France? We’re here to help!
There are a wide range of groups, services and events including social and professional groups, language classes, events and companies that help expats in Lyon to settle into the city – check them out below!
Services to support expats in Lyon
Only Lyon Tourist Office
OnlyLyon offers a vast amount of information on Lyon’s tourist activities and events, business services and trade fairs, as well as information about the city and its surroundings for expats in Lyon. Through the organisation, Lyon became the first French city to develop a regional marketing strategy, with the objective to develop the image and reputation of Lyon in Europe through international institutional and economic partnerships.
A great way for expats in Lyon to discover more about the city is through a Lyon City Card – choose from 1,2 or 3 days, with the price including access to 22 museums, a boat trip on the Saone, unlimited travel via metro, bus, tram and funicular, guided tours and more.
There are many language schools and organisations providing regular or flexible French lessons for expats in Lyon to improve their language skills, including:
Plus there’s the opportunity to improve your English skills (or find a job teaching English as an expat) including the following institutions:
- Franglish (French / English language exchange event, once a week in Lyon)
- Polyglot Club (free international language exchange event, twice a week in Lyon)
Associations and Agencies to help Expats get set up in Lyon
- My French Lifeguard – an organisation set up in 2012 to assist and welcome the 300,000 students that study at French universities each year, as well as interns, professionals and other expats in Lyon
- Expat Agency France – organising expatriation, national and international mobility in Lyon, including relocation services and homestays
Expat groups and associations
There a numerous organisations, events and associations that have been set up to welcome expats in Lyon and facilitate their experience of living and working in the city. Some are focused around family life, some are language based, others are social in nature and some are specific to industries and interests, but they are all helpful and welcoming. Some examples include:
- Anglo Info (also offers job alerts for expats in Lyon)
- Lyon A La Carte
- Internations (offer business networking events)
- Lyon International Meetup Association
- Lyon International Families Network
- English Speaking Families Group
Professional networking groups and associations
- Women’s Professional Networking Group – WPNG (also offers job alerts for expats in Lyon)
- The American Club of Lyon
- Franco-British International Business Association (FIBA)
Support doing business in France
- Aderly – support businesses to set up their operations in Lyon, as well as provide premises, recruitment and schooling services.
- Business Incubators: EMLYON Incubator, Crealys and Novacité.